Thursday 4 July 2013

Day 3 - Becca the rock boxer

So, today was the first day on the building site, however the riot was still on.  Therefore, our means of travel was a fabulous boat (please note, this is sarcasm). It was horrendously bumpy and noisy, and by noisy I mean your ears rang for about 10 minutes after, but oh man, it was worth it! A couple of minutes in, there was something unusual flopping around on the roof, so I screamed 'oh Jesus, there's a fish on the roof' genuinely worried for this poor fish who landed. Turns out..it was a man walking on the roof..good one. 

When we got off the boats, we had a rather large walk to the place, which was strangely enjoyable. I wouldn't usually trek at home, but I think now I'm intrigued to do more. Well, hopefully at home there won't be dogs barking at you as if you're trespassing. 

Once arriving on the site, my emotions began to spiral, I just wanted to do whatever I could to help with this amazing project. Instead I began to smash up rocks. Although, that job had very specific skills which you had to hold. One of which was being sassy, the other fabulous, meaning myself, Balraj, Willis and Moran were best suited! 

The work however, was very tiring, hot and dehydrating. Although that didn't stop the St. John's Boyos from doing what we do best! Which is carrying out phenomenal work and feeling the amazing after effects. The greatest part was the children of the parish helping out, they didn't complain, didn't moan didn't even care. If anything, they loved it. I have so much respect for those children! 

After the hard day of work, we decided to call it quits, and returned to the boats, this time in a truck..two of the four fabulous sass masters joined me in this experience, which I have to say was hilarious! Over the bumps these two screamed, they were no longer fabulous sass masters, they turned into girls, because not even I screamed, although, I don't have what boys have! When at the boats, one of the motors broke, hilarity ensued, then water was thrown at us, along with twigs and wipes. Obvs the best boat! 

When we finally set off, water splashed up higher than the boat, poor Joe Mason was soaked. Funniest part. Don't really remember much of that ride however, may have fallen asleep. 

Due to us missing the lunch in the hotel, we had double! It was heaven, the best chicken and rice I've ever had, I can't even, aw man, yum! 

At 7, it was time for reflection. This time it was Miss Bateson's turn and it was based upon encounter, along with hopes and hates. 
I hope no one is ill during this trip. 
I'd hate for the children to not enjoy what I have for them, because I so desperately want them to enjoy everything I have for them. I'd do anything to make them happy. 
Also, we had to speak about what we had encountered during this trip, so she gave us cards with different encounters on. I received Smell, therefore mine was when I came home tonight and blew my nose. I could smell something funny ever since I was working. Anyway, after I blew, I took a cheeky peek to see if there was something funny there. Turns out there was a rock up my nose, yum..

Time to wrap it up, as I'm laid here on the couch, with everyone asleep bar Balraj, but he's a sap anyway he's singing Fall Out Boy. Today has been astronomical, I've thoroughly enjoyed my day working, mainly rock smashing and painting, but I guess most if all I've enjoyed being with the group, getting to know the parish and feeling like I belong. 

Cuidate  

P.s look at that view!! x


No comments:

Post a Comment